Who We're Looking For
Does creating an app and pushing what can be done on the iOS and Android platforms sound like a fun challenge? Does striving to find the best and simplest solution, not the most obvious, drive you? Does working with a team that values elegance of design, both in the UI and in the code, resonate with you? If so, we’d love to meet you.
You’ll be building apps that make every piece of workforce management - scheduling, time tracking, shift trading and more - easy and straightforward, for managers and employees alike. We are not looking for you just to complete a task but build a product together with product management, designer, other developers and QA on a cross-functional team. Your ideas and code will be put in production and used by thousands all over the world.
What You'll Be Doing
- Rolling out new features, and analyzing (and reacting to) the data we collect to make the product even better. We love using data to inform our decisions!
- Optimizing existing functionality for improved performance.
- Brainstorming with a dynamic team to flesh out new ideas and investigate tricky issues.
- Searching creatively for the best solution, while being able to recognize a released feature now that can be iterated on is better than a perfect one later.
- Work with the Marketing, Client Success, and the Executive teams to identify/resolve all issues that could impact our products, services, and end-user satisfaction.
- Continuously identify improvements, communicate recommendations and best practices for development team process.
- Ability to be flexible with any related duties assigned.
Experience and Skills Required
- Significant real-world experience in mobile App development (Android and/or iOS).
- Have a working knowledge of the basics of the agile development process (backlogs, estimations, progress updates, and retrospectives).
- Distributed version control and regular deployments.
- An understanding of REST and JSON, and knowledge of how to utilize REST on iOS and Android clients.
- Past experience with automated testing of your code.
- Experience implementing useful caching, scaling, and performance improvements.
- A customer-focused attitude, with an ability and willingness to work with customers to diagnose and fix problems.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
Are you a good fit?
We'd love to talk with you! To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter explaining why you want to work at Orbital Shift as a mobile app developer.
- Clear, concise writing is essential for this position and we'll consider this a writing sample in addition to a personal introduction.
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- References (attach)
Note: Must already be authorized to work in the United States for any employer on a full-time basis.